Tuesday 21 May 2013

Back in Canada eh????

You know you are getting close to Vancouver when you wake up and it is raining outside!!!  I think if I had pushed on last night I might have made it in the dry....

So 400kms to go, and the only thing between me and the border is Snoqualmie Pass.  As I already knew it was raining, I also figured if I get up high enough I was going to see snow.  Sure enough, in the valley before Snoqualmie the sign said the temperature was 45F!!  The ascent takes you right up to the bottom of the clouds, and at that level there is still snow on the side of the road.

Thank goodness for heated hand grips, unfortunately at +1ookph they can barely overcome the wind chill...  So it was a pretty horrible last day riding, cold, windy, and rainy.

I am not sure the border guard appreciated my response to the question "where have you been?"  "everywhere...."

So back in Vancouver a few minutes past my estimated 2pm arrival. Glad to be under a warm and cozy roof among family.  So tonight I will ponder the whole trip and do one final summation of my thoughts tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment